My mind is in a bit of a jumble this morning. So many things bouncing around my coconut. (I had a college professor from Africa who would often say “Use your coconut,” referring to our brains. And it stuck.)
Some things that are on my mind:
1. Reading The Circle Maker by Mark Batterson. Incredible. Challenging. This book is changing me. I really need this.
2. Just returned from a Leadership Conference with my hubby where we took the Strengths Finder 2.0 assessment and listened to Dr. Alina Lehnert from Evangel University. Ummm… wow. I feel empowered by what I have learned about myself and my husband and the leadership team we work with on a regular basis. This is going to be very good for our marriage and life in general. I can see how this would be a valuable tool for premarital counseling…
(You can get the book here which includes an online code to take the assessment: Strengths Finder 2.0)
3. Still thinking about the movie, Courageous, which I saw for the first time last night. I strongly dislike movies that make me bawl like a baby. A little cheesy, but powerfully moving. Holding my babies tighter. Thankful my husband is a fabulous daddy to our princesses. All in all, it was good.
4. I need to devise a serious plan of attack this week. I am completely over committed in the coming weeks (errr… months?). This could get interesting…
5. I am really crazy about my girls. And my hubby. And I really just want to hang out with them more. Totally going to make this happen.
Go ahead. Pour an extra cup. It’s Monday….
Blue Jeans & Coffee Beans.
The revelation of God is whole
and pulls our lives together.
The signposts of God are clear
and point out the right road.
The life-maps of God are right,
showing the way to joy.
The directions of God are plain
and easy on the eyes.
God‘s reputation is twenty-four-carat gold,
with a lifetime guarantee.
The decisions of God are accurate
down to the nth degree.
Psalm 19.7-9 (The Message)